Independent Consultant and Educator
January 2015 - Present
- Deliver strategic communications and change management services for clients including Navigator Management Partners.
- Teach at Georgetown University.
Sodexo, Gaithersburg, MD February 2014 - December 2014
Director, Change Management, Corporate Communications
- Partnered with corporate Finance, HR, and Strategy executives and staff to design and develop communications related to key company initiatives. Audiences for these communications included all staff, senior leadership, and middle managers.
- Created, executed, and managed communications plans aligned with organizational priorities. One example was the “Do I?” Campaign, which consolidated myriad mandates into five simple requirements for middle managers. Other programs included ACE, the company growth platform, and the rollout of new technology and training to restructure the management of hourly workers.
- Managed dedicated Intranet sites and designed and distributed collateral including graphics, executive presentations, newsletters, memos, and flash emails.
Accenture, Reston VA
January 2008 - June 2012
Internal Communications Manager, Accenture Analytics and Marketing Services
- Managed all internal communications for a new growth initiative bringing together more than 10,000 employees from across the global organization. Partnered with various HR entities to communicate changes to affected staff through micro-sites, presentations, executive emails, and other channels.
Communications SME, Federal Reserve
- Developed Communications and Outreach plans aligned with business goals and objectives for two new Federal Reserve organizations that centralized technology-related activities that had been locally controlled.
- Conducted branding workshops with leadership and staff, leading to agreement on a shared set of organizational values to promote employee engagement in a new organizational unit.
- Planned and facilitated a three-day stakeholder workshop to validate the approach to a major technology transition uniting 12 data centers into a single unified organization.
Communications Manager, US-VISIT, a DHS program
- Provided strategic communications counsel and support to Accenture and client leadership, including the US-VISIT Chief Information Officer, for a full life-cycle biometrics program.
- Designed and implemented communications, outreach, and messaging strategies to enhance relationships between US-VISIT and internal and external stakeholders.
- Created and delivered presentations for varied audiences, including senior executives.
- Planned and executed events such as client meetings and workshops, with responsibility for site selection, contract negotiation, communication with guests and speakers, production of meeting materials, and on-site coordination.
- Established and managed a Change Network.
- Crafted and implemented communication plans to support a data center migration effort and a network separation initiative; responsible for messaging, collateral creation, and channel management.
- Created communication project plans as well as deliverables that include strategies, timelines, feedback loops, and evaluation mechanisms.
Communications Lead, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Developed and executed the Communications work plan, a key element of a comprehensive change management initiative related to a large-scale systems transformation involving the implementation of a new Finance system.
- Created communications work products, including newsletters, presentations, and project collateral, and proactively identified additional communication opportunities.
The Center for Systems Management, Vienna, VA
2006 - 2007
Director of Strategic Communications
- Designed and executed an integrated marketing communications plan for a training program in a government university in the intelligence community. Activities included audience research, messaging, brand design, collateral creation, and stakeholder relationship management.
- Conducted a Level 3 evaluation of a project management and systems engineering training program in a government university. Designed the research approach, created data collection instruments, identified samples, administered surveys, conducted focus groups and interviews, analyzed data, wrote analysis, and presented findings with recommendations.
Booz Allen Hamilton, McLean, VA 2003 - 2005
- Served as a Strategic Business Intelligence specialist, providing market research to support business development efforts, as well as research to meet client information needs.
- Conducted training on varied information services and tools.
- Wrote competitive analyses, industry profiles, situation analyses, and executive summaries for staff and senior management.
- Gathered requirements for a Backlog Management Reporting System across a team of 30 account leads; ensured proper tracking of $700 million pipeline of opportunities for the global health market.
- Developed process maps and standard operating procedures for an IT implementation in a federal agency.
Corporate Executive Board, Washington, DC 2001 - 2002
- Conducted research, with a specialty in marketing information, in a global consulting firm serving more than 1,700 of the world’s largest and most prestigious corporations.
- Developed and delivered training to staff on the use of information tools, Internet searching, and online information services.
Porter Novelli, Washington, DC 1998 - 2001
Manager of Information Services / Senior Information Specialist / Information Specialist
- Analyzed qualitative and quantitative data to support fact-based decision-making, interpreting data to lead to actionable insights in top public relations firm.
- Created written materials including market analyses, company and industry profiles, environmental scans, media analyses, presentations, and literature reviews.
- Conducted training on a variety of tools, including Lexis-Nexis and Simmons Consumer Choices.
- Identified, selected, and negotiated contracts with information vendors and managed vendor performance.
BS, Cornell University
MLS, University of Maryland
Graduate Certificate, George Washington University, Survey Design and Data Analysis
Focus Group Moderator Training, RIVA Training Institute
Former Adjunct Faculty, Johns Hopkins University and Georgetown University
Graduate Communication Programs